Frequently Asked Questions
You've got questions. We've got answers! Take a look at the commonly asked questions below. If you don't see your question, fill out our Contact Form and we'll get back to you. Thanks!
Yes We do!!
Automatic heating oil delivery offers several advantages for homeowners and businesses alike. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Convenience: Automatic delivery eliminates the need for customers to monitor their heating oil levels or schedule deliveries manually. The supplier uses advanced monitoring systems to track the usage and temperature, ensuring that the oil tank is refilled promptly when needed. This saves customers time and effort, as they do not have to remember to place orders or check their tank levels regularly.
- Continuous supply: With automatic delivery, customers are less likely to run out of heating oil. FCP takes care of monitoring the oil levels and ensures timely refills, preventing the discomfort and potential damage that could arise from unexpectedly running out of heating oil during wintry weather.
- Reduced risk of damage: Running out of heating oil can lead to frozen pipes or damage to the heating system, which can be costly to repair. Automatic delivery minimizes the risk of such incidents by ensuring a constant and adequate supply of oil.
- Efficient fuel management: Automatic delivery allows FCP to optimize their delivery routes based on real-time data on customer usage patterns. This can lead to more efficient fuel management, reducing delivery costs and environmental impact by reducing unnecessary trips.
- Price discount: By enrolling in an automatic delivery program the customer will receive a 10-cent discount per gallon.
- Remote monitoring and adjustments: Many automatic delivery systems utilize advanced technologies that allow suppliers to remotely monitor tank levels and adjust delivery schedules based on usage patterns and weather forecasts. This level of control enables suppliers to provide a more personalized and efficient service.
- Improved customer service: Automatic delivery helps build a stronger relationship between FCP and the customer. FCP can proactively address any potential issues and provide better customer support by having a better understanding of the customer's fuel consumption patterns.
- Emergency response: In the event of unexpected weather events or emergencies, automatic delivery systems allow suppliers to respond quickly and ensure customers have enough heating oil to stay warm and safe.
Overall, automatic heating oil delivery offers convenience, reliability, and peace of mind for customers, while also allowing FCP to optimize their operations and provide better service.
Yes, we do! We call this our SENIORS DISCOUNT. Please contact the office so we can get you set up to receive this $10.00 discount automatically every time you place an order for delivery whether you order in the portal or call in.
Yes, For an extra fee of $150.00 Fuel Cell Petrol will bring your fuel on the same day. The reason for the extra charge is we will have to reroute our truck(s) and/or refill the truck(s) to accommodate you for same day delivery.
-THIS SERVICE IS AVAILABLE ON WEEKDAYS ONLY AND THE ORDER MUST BE PLACED DURING THE HOURS OF 730 AM TO 3PM (WEEKENDS EXCLUDED).
-IF A CUSTOMER SELECTS THIS OPTION ON THE ONLINE ORDER FORM ON A WEEKEND OR AFTER 3PM ON WEEKDAYS IT WILL ASSURE NEXT BUSINESS DAY DELIVERY.
-IF YOU ARE COMPLETLEY OUT OF FUEL AND WE ARE CLOSED PLEASE CALL 877-456-3835 AND CHOOSE THE EMERGENCY AFTER HOURS DELIVERY OPTION TO GET IN TOUCH WITH OUR ON CALL DRIVER FOR AN EMERGENCY AFTER HOURS DELIVERY.
Fuel Cell Petrol offers after-hours emergency delivery to existing customers only. FCP will bring you 20 gallons of fuel. These 20 gallons are ONLY intended to get you through the night/weekend/non-working days until we can get a delivery truck out to your home/business for the larger standard delivery. Please call 1-877-456-3835 and follow the prompts to contact the driver on-call to schedule an emergency after-hours fuel delivery. FCP breaks down the emergency service call out costs by county.
- Northampton County $350
- Monroe County $400
- Carbon County $400
- Bucks County $400
- Lehigh County $400
By ordering online it saves our staff time on the phone with the customer to gather your information needed for delivery and payment of your fuel. So, we in turn pass that savings back to the customer. In addition, ordering online allows customers to order when it is convenient for them while also giving the customer access to their order history, payment information and much more!
Follow our social media pages! The icons for all our social media pages can be found at the top of every page of our website so start following and start saving that $.
Yes we do! A heating oil budget program, also known as our EZ Pay Budget Plan or level payment plan, is a payment arrangement offered to help our customers manage their heating expenses more effectively. Here are some advantages of enrolling in a heating oil budget program:
- Stable Monthly Payments: With a budget program, your heating oil costs are spread out evenly over a year. This means you will pay a lower amount each month vs. Paying for paying for your deliveries in full making it easier to budget for heating expenses and avoid unexpected spikes in winter bills.
- Financial Predictability: By knowing exactly how much you need to allocate for heating oil each month, you can better plan your overall household budget. This financial predictability can be particularly helpful for individuals or families on fixed incomes or tight budgets.
- Convenience and Peace of Mind: With a budget program, you do not have to worry about monitoring heating oil prices or making separate payments every time you need a delivery. The convenience of regular, predictable payments can bring peace of mind and reduce financial stress.
- Avoiding High Winter Bills: During the colder months, heating oil consumption tends to increase, leading to higher bills. By spreading the costs evenly over the year, you will not be hit with unexpectedly high heating bills during the winter season.
- Flexible Payment Options: FCP offers various payment options to suit your needs. All payments are auto drafted based on our terms and conditions set forth.
- Easy Enrollment: Enrolling in a heating oil budget program is typically a straightforward process. Once you sign up, FCP will calculate your monthly payment based on the deliveries you receive during the budget program calendar. Note: Each time you receive a delivery your monthly payment will be readjusted.
Overall, our EZ Pay Budget Plan can provide financial stability, predictability, and convenience for homeowners, making it an appealing option for those who want to manage their heating costs more efficiently. However, please be sure review the specific terms and conditions of the plan to ensure it aligns with your needs and preferences before agreeing to the plan.
**ALL APPLICANTS WILL HAVE A SOFT CREDIT CHECK PERFORMED THAT MUST MEET OUR CRITERIA SET FORTH BEFORE BEING APPROVED FOR EZ PAY BUDGET PLAN PROGRAM**
Heating has been used as a popular source of heat for homes for several reasons:
- High Energy Density: Heating oil has a high energy density, meaning it contains a significant amount of energy per unit volume. This allows for efficient storage and transportation, making it convenient for home heating purposes.
- Reliable and Consistent Heat: Heating oil heating systems can provide a steady and consistent heat output, ensuring that your home remains comfortably warm, even during extreme freezing weather conditions.
- Long Burning Time: Heating oil heaters have a longer burning time compared to other heating sources like natural gas or propane. This means you need to refuel less frequently, providing convenience and requiring less maintenance.
The amount of heating oil a home or business consumes in a day, week, month, or year can vary widely depending on several factors, such as:
- Size of the property: larger properties require more heating oil to maintain comfortable temperatures.
- Climate: Colder climates will require more heating oil to keep the interior warm.
- Insulation: Well-insulated homes or buildings retain heat better and may use less heating oil.
- Thermostat settings: Lower thermostat settings will reduce oil consumption.
- Appliance efficiency: More efficient heating systems use less oil.
- Occupancy: The number of occupants and their heating preferences influence consumption.
- Energy conservation practices: Using energy-saving habits can reduce oil consumption.
Given these variables, it is challenging to provide an exact figure. However, rough estimates based on common consumption patterns:
- Daily: For residential properties, daily consumption may range from 1 to 5 gallons per day during colder months.
- Weekly: This could amount to 7 to 35 gallons per week.
- Monthly: Monthly usage may vary from 30 to 150 gallons per month.
- Yearly: Annually, consumption can range from 300 to 1,500 gallons or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Keep in mind that these figures are general estimates and may not apply to every situation. It is best to monitor your specific heating oil usage to get an accurate understanding of how much is being consumed. Additionally, energy conservation practices, regular maintenance of heating systems, and investing in energy-efficient appliances can help reduce heating oil consumption.
Our additives and blends provide first-class fuel that separates us from competitors. Fuel additives can include:
- HEAT DOC, which improves the overall heating oil fuel quality by preventing harmful sludge buildup. Added to EVERY gallon of heating oil we delivery!
- SZP, for outdoor heating oil tanks to prevent sludge or water buildup. A must for an outside tank for added protection against sludge/water/ice buildup.
- AWDA-3000, a diesel additive to resist fuel gelling at low temperatures. This is added to ALL diesel fuels by default from Nov. 1 to April 1.
- OPT, a diesel additive that enhances fuel/engine performance to help prevent costly repairs.
When Fuel Cell Petrol arrives at our home to make the fuel delivery our driver will prime and start your furnace free of charge as a courtesy. However, because our drivers are not trained in furnace service, they only know the basics of priming/restarting a furnace. In circumstances that our driver cannot get the furnace started and running you may have to contact an HVAC service company.
In the event an HVAC company needs to be contacted Fuel Cell Petrol works with and recommends Fields Service Inc. AC Repair & Insulation Service Easton PA | Field's Service, Inc. www.fieldsservice.com
Click the You Tube icon at the top of this website page. There you will find a video which will take you step by step and how to check your heating oil tank level if your tank gauge is not working correctly and/or missing.
After watching the video, return to this FAQ to find the different tank sizes below. Simply click on the Tank Sizes Link below to see a tank chart which will translate your inches of heating oil to gallons in your tank.
**YOU MUST KNOW YOUR CORRECT TANK SIZE TO GET ACCURATE READING!!!
The cost of heating a home with heating oil can vary significantly based on several factors, including:
- Location: Prices can vary depending on where you live. Different regions and countries have different oil prices, and even within a country, prices can differ based on local factors.
- Season: Heating oil prices can fluctuate throughout the year, with higher demand and prices during colder months.
- Home Size: The size of your home and the level of insulation it has will impact on how much heating oil is needed.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of your heating system and how well it is maintained can affect how much oil is required to heat your home.
- Heating Needs: If you use heating oil not just for space heating but also for hot water, the overall consumption and cost will be higher.
- Global Market: Heating oil prices are influenced by global factors such as crude oil prices and geopolitical events.
As of my last update in September 2021, the average cost of heating oil in the United States was around $2.50 to $3.50 per gallon. However, it is essential to check current prices and regional variations, as they may have changed since then.
To estimate the cost of heating your home with heating oil, you would need to consider your daily or monthly oil consumption (in gallons) and multiply it by the current price per gallon in your area. For more accurate estimates, consider contacting local heating oil suppliers or utility companies to get current pricing information.
Heating oil is considered safe when used and handled properly. It is a non-explosive, non-toxic, and non-carcinogenic fuel commonly used for residential and commercial heating purposes. However, like any fuel or energy source, it must be handled and stored with care to ensure safety.
Here are some important safety considerations for heating oil:
- Proper Storage: Heating oil should be stored in well-maintained and secure tanks designed specifically for this purpose. Regular inspections of the tank and its fittings are essential to prevent leaks and spills.
- Avoiding Contaminants: It's crucial to keep the heating oil free from water or other contaminants, as they can affect its performance and potentially damage the heating system.
- Regular Maintenance: Proper maintenance of your heating system is essential for safety. This includes regular inspections, cleaning, and servicing by qualified technicians to ensure the system operates efficiently and safely.
- Adequate ventilation is necessary when using any heating system to prevent the buildup of carbon monoxide (CO) gas, which is a byproduct of combustion. Properly functioning and well-maintained heating systems typically have flues or chimneys to expel harmful gases outside.
- Monitoring Levels: Keeping an eye on the heating oil levels in your tank is important to avoid running out of fuel, which could lead to problems in the heating system.
- Spills and Leaks: In the event of a spill or leak, it is crucial to take immediate action. Avoid any open flames or ignition sources and contact a professional to handle the cleanup.
- Proper Disposal: If you need to dispose of heating oil for any reason, it must be done following local regulations and guidelines to avoid environmental damage.
Overall, heating oil is considered safe if used and managed responsibly. If you have any concerns or questions about the safety of heating oil in your home, consult with a representative of our staff.